[Haskell-cafe] Building GHC from source: where is libffi-tarballs.git?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 19 07:39:49 UTC 2013

I thought I'd attempt a build of GHC from source.  Following the
instructions at [1], [2] and [3].  Unfortunately I get stuck:

    % ./sync-all --testsuite get
    == running git clone /home/magnus/Private/arch/archhaskell/ghc-git/libffi-tarballs.git libffi-tarballs
    fatal: repository '/home/magnus/Private/arch/archhaskell/ghc-git/libffi-tarballs.git' does not exist
    git failed: 32768 at ./sync-all line 120.

How do I get past this point?

/M

[1]: https://github.com/ghc/ghc
[2]: http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/GettingTheSources