[Haskell-cafe] Horray, a ghc bug!

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Fri Oct 18 18:35:02 UTC 2013

Andreas Abel wrote:
> ...I am now compiling a ghc 7.6 (will take a while).
> Unfortunately,  7.4.1 is the last compiler with an easy binary install on
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS...

Hmm? We are using the binary tarball for 7.6.3 on
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS extensively. The only trouble we ever
encountered was that when installing GHC on a VM
with a very minimal install of 12.04 64-bit, we had to
temporarily install the 32-bit versions of a few basic
Ubuntu system packages to get the GHC installer to
work. After that we returned the machine to single-arch
64-bit and everything is fine.

What problems have you encountered?

-Yitz