[Haskell-cafe] Building examples with Cabal

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:17:04 UTC 2013

Is there a way to build examples in a Haskell package with Cabal
without actually running them? "cabal test" and "cabal benchmark"
don't really do what I want, I just want to check if e.g. all GLUT
examples in https://github.com/haskell-opengl/GLUT/tree/master/examples
still build after some API changes. Another requirement would be
parallel builds, I want to actually use the 32 cores I have under my
desk. ;-) Currently I use a recursive "make" infrastructure
(https://github.com/haskell-opengl/GLUT/blob/master/examples/Makefile),
which works OK, but it is quite a hack, is partly incorrect and, well,
needs "make".