[Haskell-cafe] No upgrade of GHC version in Ubuntu repository

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Mon Oct 14 13:33:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 01:28:17PM +0200, Vlatko Basic wrote:
> I have 7.6.3 already, but I was wondering why the repository packages are not
> maintained.
> 12.04 is an LTS for 5 years, so I suppose many would stick to it for a longer
> time.

I added PPAs for GHC 7.6.3 recently.  Feel free to use:

    sudo apt-get --purge remove ghc
    sudo apt-get --purge remove cabal-install
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:typeful/ghc-7.6.3
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:typeful/cabal-install
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install ghc cabal-install

This assumes that you only want to install GHC and cabal-install with
apt and everything else from Hackage.

Cheers,
Simon