[Haskell-cafe] Stackage with GHC 7.8 has started

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Oct 13 15:50:05 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I wanted to announce that FP Complete is now running a Jenkins job to build
Stackage with GHC 7.8. You can see the current results in the relevant
Github issue[1]. Essentially, we're still trying to get version bounds
updated so that a build can commence.

I'd like to ask two things from the community:

* If you have a package with a restrictive upper bound, now's a good time
to start testing that package with GHC 7.8 and relaxing those upper bounds.
It would be great if, when GHC 7.8 is released, a large percentage of
Hackage already compiled with it.
* If you have a package on Hackage that is not yet on Stackage, now's a
great time to add it. We're going to be doing daily builds against three
versions of GHC (7.4.2, 7.6.3, and 7.8), which will help ensure your
packages continue to build consistently.

Michael

[1] https://github.com/fpco/stackage/issues/128