[Haskell-cafe] Nested monadic monoids via Traversable?

Hans Höglund hans at hanshoglund.se
Sun Oct 13 11:58:32 UTC 2013

If anyone is interested, Typeclassopedia pointed me to Composing Monads by Jones and Duponcheel (1993), which contains exactly my implementation along with some other nice patterns for composing Monads via Traversable.sequence (called swap in the paper) and related operators. It would be interesting to see these ideas reimagined with modern type classes.

You can find the paper here:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.138.4552

Regards,
Hans