[Haskell-cafe] ordNub

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Sat Oct 12 18:47:59 UTC 2013

I would like to come back to the original question:

How can ordNub be added to base?

I guess we agree that Data.List is the right module for a function of
type Ord a => [a] -> [a], but this introduces

* a cyclic dependency between Data.List and Data.Set
* a base dependency on containers.

What is the right way to go with that?

Should ordNub be introduced as part of Data.Set, as Conrad suggested?

It does not really have anything to do with Set, apart from being
implemented with it.