[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hsqml-0.2.0.0

Robin KAY komadori
Tue Oct 8 21:57:57 UTC 2013

Dear All,

I would like to announce version 0.2.0.0 of the HsQML graphics library.

HsQML provides a Haskell binding to the Qt Quick framework. It allows
you to write graphical applications where the front-end is written in Qt
Quick's QML language (incorporating JavaScript) and the back-end is
written in Haskell. The two layers are coupled together via a facility
to define custom JavaScript objects through which QML code can call into
Haskell and vice versa.

HsQML requires an installation of Qt 4.7 or 4.8 (including
QtDeclarative) present on your path.

This release introduces several new features, including support for
firing QML signals from Haskell code and MacOS support. A number of bugs
have also been resolved. For more information, please see my web site
[1] and the Hackage page [2].

The hsqml-morris demo application [3], which implements the game of Nine
Men's Morris against an AI opponent, has also been updated to 0.2.0.0.
It now uses QML signals to run the game's AI processing outside of the
event loop so as to maintain a responsive UI.

My goals for the next release are to work on writing a proper user
manual and to migrate the library over to work with Qt 5.x.

[1] http://www.gekkou.co.uk/software/hsqml
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-0.2.0.0
[3] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-morris-0.2.0.0

Regards,