[Haskell-cafe] Poll & plea: State of GUI & graphics libraries in Haskell

Sven Panne svenpanne
Sat Oct 5 18:55:59 UTC 2013

2013/9/27 Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de>:
> Actually, I'm reading about WebGL right now, and it appears to me that it
> should be very easy to support in Threepenny. [...]

I am not sure if WebGL is enough: WebGL is basically OpenGL ES 2.0,
which is again basically OpenGL 2.0 plus some extensions. OpenGL
itself is currently at 4.4, and the situation regarding the supported
shading language versions is even worse. In a nutshell: WebGL =
ancient OpenGL. If it's enough for your purposes, fine, but otherwise
I guess a lot of people want something more recent.