[Haskell-cafe] Tool for visualisation of graph reduction step by step

Miguel Ramos org.haskell at miguel.ramos.name
Thu Nov 14 12:03:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

It has already been asked for on this list, and I think one does not
exist, however:

(a) Does anyone know of a tool for the stepwise visualisation of graph
reduction? I am aware that it could only be used for minimal examples
and that the output would be a bit implementation-specific.

My interest is not debugging, but simply producing presentation slides.

(b) What tools do people use for plotting static program graphs, such as
those in books, papers and slides?

I am currently using graphviz (dot) but I am not being able to tame it
to make the graphs look good and proper for papers and slides.

I also have a minimal interpreter, which can currently output each step
to graphviz, but it still does not handle enough of the language to be
usable and I don't want to divert the focus of my work.

Thank you very much,

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos