[Haskell-cafe] idea: ratings (or maybe comments) for packages in hackage

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 07:00:31 UTC 2013

honestly this is getting a bit over complex and silly! Should we also have
google +1s and fb likes? What about # of blog posts? number of upvotes on
on reddit? These are all great marketing metrics, but they dont help an end
user understand which libs are *used*.

github stars are not a measure of quality, but more of wow/coolness factor.

lets try to stick to metrics that correspond to library usage and volume of
developer activity