[Haskell-cafe] idea: ratings (or maybe comments) for packages in hackage

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:11:41 UTC 2013

indeed! Now having those latter tabulations on hackage-server  (or a hint
for new haskellers about where to look) would be dandy

i'm happilly over the "who does/likes what" hump myself, but it is valuable
breadcrumbs for folks getting started. That said, asking via cafe  / reddit
/ irc is also valuable because you can get peoples *opinions* about when
two libraries are better in what use case. Not all problems can have a
"canonically best tool" (as much as we'd like to strive for such tools)