[Haskell-cafe] SSL support for hackage and cabal

Eli Frey eli.lee.frey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 20:33:46 UTC 2013

> Yes! And they have graciously given us an SSL certificate. We are very
pleased by that :)

Who-da thunk it :).

Configuring ssl can be tricky, especially getting it right. I'de love to
help if you have any problems.  We use sslcheck.x509labs.com internally to
make sure everything is working correctly.  It even has step-by-step
instructions on how to fix some problems.

> On the other side: cabal, at least, uses the HTTP package, and I've been
(slowly) working on adding SSL support.

Oh lovely!  I can not find your work through the github repos, but I'd love
to take a look and see if I can help.