[Haskell-cafe] Cabal sandboxes over cabal-dev (Rogan Creswick)

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:50:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Tom Ellis <
tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 01:31:33PM -0500, Gregory Guthrie wrote:
> >    "I could see myself inadvertently cabal-installing utilities (eg:
> newt, bnfc, etc...) in sandboxes on accident.
> >
> > What is wrong with this?
>
> My guess is that Rogan was suggesting they wouldn't appear on the PATH.

That, and I don't want sandboxes scattered around in (somewhat) random
places.  I might later want a sandbox there for a specific purpose, and a
pre-existing sandbox could confound things.

Mostly I don't like clutter, and the tools wouldn't be on the PATH though.
 (To be clear, these *are* pretty minor complaints.)

--Rogan