[Haskell-cafe] Performance difference between Linux and Windows?

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:42:15 CEST 2013

The difference is roughly 2x, which suggests difference in Int/pointer
sizes: 32bit vs 64bit. Indeed, only since 7.6.1. GHC supports compiling 64
bit executables on Windows (
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WindowsGhc). That means that in
fact you compare 32 bit vs 64 bit programs.

I didn't have a look at the code so this is just a wild guess.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Skrzętnicki