[Haskell-cafe] [haskell.org Google Summer of Code 2013] Approved Projects

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:24:53 CEST 2013

thanks for these references all.

As some folks who help with GSOC mentoring have pointed out offline, this
summers work is not to be a research project, but a concretely achievable
over the summer by a single student project. if we hit hard obstacles i'll
help sort out a concrete path that maintains a path to success, but
research here isn't the goal. rather "lets make something that WORKS WELL".
Sometimes the novelty requirements for research are contrary to the best
tech choices for building robust usable tools.

point being, thanks for sharing the fun reading, if any can help the
student along, i'm happy to pass it along, but lets not nerd snipe students
into other projects. (i'm bad enough with that for myself as is :) )