[Haskell-cafe] Interfacing Java/Haskell

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Tue May 28 19:56:24 CEST 2013

The RTS was ported to Android, yes. But not by me. I just wrote
ghc-android, which is just a build script to help people with setting up
the somewhat complex cross-compiler build.

IIRC Nathan Hüsken did most of the porting work.

Everything you need should be on github. ghc-android and foreign-jni is
pretty much it right now.

Using the JNI is a bit ugly, yes. But I see it really as just a tool for
writing more appealing API bindings, which is what I am working on now.