[Haskell-cafe] Hackage Update Brigade

Alexander Solla alex.solla at gmail.com
Mon May 27 23:29:27 CEST 2013

As per recent discussions, I'm making a list of volunteers who are willing
to pick up some slack in Hackage package maintenance, so that we can submit
an amendment to the Haskell Prime Committee's ticket 113 (
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/ticket/113)

I think that showing that people are willing to pick up missing package
maintainer's slack will alleviate the concern of breaking lots of code by
refactoring the monad/applicative/functor hierarchy.  Code will be broken,
but publicly available packages can be fixed by the community during a
"staging" period.  To that end, I have made a Google Form to collect some
volunteer information.  If you are interested in helping, please visit:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o4B8CEE_42u9f-sgmu2t5iSEvm0cq6-um6g_fHJt6GE/viewform