[Haskell-cafe] parsing a CSV file

Roger Mason rmason at mun.ca
Tue May 21 18:03:47 CEST 2013

Hi Roman,

On 05/21/2013 12:36 PM, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:

> Clearly, my naiive implementation of endHeader is no good.
> Hi Roger,
>
> "Not in scope" means that that thing is not defined.
>
> So it's not a problem with your implementation, but with the way you
> load it.
>
> If you copy-paste your ghci session here, you may get further help.
>
> Roman
Starting with a clean ghci session I get this:

ghci> :l csv.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( csv.hs, interpreted )

csv.hs:15:24:
     Couldn't match type `[Char]' with `Char'
     Expected type: Text.Parsec.Prim.Parsec String () [[String]]
       Actual type: Text.Parsec.Prim.ParsecT
                      String () Data.Functor.Identity.Identity [[[[Char]]]]
     In the first argument of `parse', namely `headerLines'
     In the expression: parse headerLines "(unknown)" input
     In an equation for `parseHDR':
         parseHDR input = parse headerLines "(unknown)" input
Failed, modules loaded: none.

Thanks,
Roger

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php