[Haskell-cafe] HTML framework for web-ui

Adrian May adrian.alexander.may at gmail.com
Tue May 21 12:18:16 CEST 2013

I was wondering about this too. I have a database-heavy,
performance-sensitive app in mind. It will serve approximately the same
logic over both a raw UDP socket and an HTML5 app generating its pages on
the fly. I know that sounds odd but some users still have ordinary phones
on cheap data contracts. Interactions between all these people are
initiated by one of them, whereupon I need to haul their data out of the
DB, process it as some kind of state-machine in a thread set up for the
interaction, and then log the gossip to the DB afterwards. I'll probably
use postgres if nothing speaks against it cos it'll be a linux server and
mysql is considered buggier and slower under load.

So I have three questions:
* can I use postgres from Haskell?
* which Haskell framework should I go for?
* how's the performance likely to be if I hit postgres from Haskell instead
of C?

TIA,
Adrian.