[Haskell-cafe] type-level integers for GHC

Takayuki Muranushi muranushi at gmail.com
Fri May 17 08:17:58 CEST 2013

What is your recommendation for type-level integers?

I'd like to use it to improve the unittyped,
https://bitbucket.org/xnyhps/haskell-unittyped/ the library for
physical dimension. Therefore, I need negative numbers, additions, but
multiplications are not necessary.

I've been looking forward for the type-nats extension of GHC, but I
haven't been able to compile the type-nats branch. Just learned that
it still takes a few month to merge the branch into the main.
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Status/May13

Thijs, the original author of unittyped, has commited a branch that
uses type-nats, but I can't try that out for the same reason.

Best,
--
Takayuki MURANUSHI
The Hakubi Center for Advanced Research, Kyoto University