[Haskell-cafe] Parallel ghc --make

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:35:32 CEST 2013

I wrote a ghc-server that starts a persistent process for each cpu.
Then a 'ghc' frontend wrapper sticks each job in a queue.  It seemed
to be working, but timing tests didn't reveal any speed-up.  Then I
got a faster computer and lost motivation.  I didn't investigate very
deeply why it didn't speed up as I hoped.  It's possible the approach
is still valid, but I made some mistake in the implementation.

So I can stop writing this little blurb I put it on github:

https://github.com/elaforge/ghc-server