[Haskell-cafe] Constrained Category, Arrow, ArrowChoice, etc?

Sjoerd Visscher sjoerd at w3future.com
Fri May 10 17:20:20 CEST 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 10:36 PM, Conal Elliott <conal at conal.net> wrote:
> BTW, have you see the new paper The constrained-monad problem? I want to investigate whether its techniques can apply to Category & friends for linear maps and for circuits. Perhaps you’d like to give it a try as well. I got to linear maps as an elegant formulation of timing analysis for circuits.

I have implemented the normal form for categories. The normal form is like the type-threaded lists from the thrist package:
https://gist.github.com/sjoerdvisscher/5554910

Evaluating the normal form works fine even for your original :-* datatype.

But I got stuck trying to expand this to categories with products, as I'm not sure what the normal form should be. But I guess you might have good ideas about that?

Sjoerd