[Haskell-cafe] Interfacing Java/Haskell

Dominic Espinosa dcespin at fastmail.fm
Thu May 9 20:48:09 CEST 2013

Hello,

I've had some success with the Thrift library (http://thrift.apache.org/).
See this blog post
(http://mortenib.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/thrift-and-haskell/) for a basic
tutorial on getting started. My project was interfacing a haskell library
of machine learning algorithms (which I wrote) with a large Java
application I was familiar with but didn't write. So this may be what
you're looking for.

Thrift interfaces language X with language Y with a sort of RPC paradigm:
you specify the names and types of the possible calls and returns, and
Thrift uses this file to generate serialization and transport code for
whatever languages you name. You then add this code to the project on each
side and things pretty much just work.