[Haskell-cafe] Formal Methods/Functional programming job position at Intel

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Thu May 9 01:49:58 CEST 2013

Our formal methods team at Intel has a full-time position available that I
think would be a good fit for functional programming and formal methods
enthusiasts. I'm including the description below. Do not hesitate to
contact me if you've any questions, or just want to talk about it in
general. To apply for the position, please visit:
http://www.intel.com/jobs/jobsearch/index.htm, and in the "advanced search"
area enter the job number: 709631.

Thanks,

-Levent.

Job Description

*Formal Methods & Validation Architect* *-* *709631*
Description

If you're interested in products going into future super computer markets
then the Intel® Many Integrated Core (Intel® MIC) Hardware Engineering
Group is the place for you!  We design and validate silicon chips with many
Intel cores integrated inside being used in high performance computing
architectures.

In this position you will work as part of the pre-silicon formal methods,
tools, and verification team to support a continued high quality of the
future Intel many core processor products. You will work together with
Intel's formal verification and validation community, the Formal
Verification Center of Expertise (FV CoE) in a team of experts in formal
methods and AV Validation.

Your specific responsibilities will include defining formal verification
(FV) test plans as well as Cluster Test Environment (CTE) based test plans
for dynamic simulation validation (DV). The goal is to help optimize a
combined use of FV and CTE based validation techniques (DV) and contribute
to an increasing use of formal methods at Intel. Based on the test plans
you will write properties in formal language, and prove the properties
using our model checkers and theorem proving tools. You will also write CTE
based test cases and coverage plans. Your area of strength may currently
lie within either FV or DV with strong skills rooted in software
development. But through your skills and work, you will become an expert in
both formal methods and validation technologies. You will interact very
closely with design teams, and other validation teams, as well as with
Intel's internal R&D groups that continue to improve and develop formal
method and verification tools.

You must be able to communicate effectively with various technical groups
and coordinate activities amongst those groups.