[Haskell-cafe] Hackage checking maintainership of packages

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Mon May 6 03:59:36 CEST 2013

On 6 May 2013 09:42, Felipe Almeida Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just checking the repo wouldn't work.  It may still have some activity
> but not be maintained and vice-versa.

ok, how about this: if the maintainer feels that their repo and
maintenance activities are non-injective they can additionally provide
an http-accessible URL for the maintenance activity. Hackage can then
do an HTTP HEAD request on that URL and use the Last-Modified response
header as an indication of the last time of maintenance activity. I'm
being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but actually this would allow you to
point hackage to a blog as evidence of maintenance activity.

I like the idea of just pinging the code repo.

Conrad.