[Haskell-cafe] Looking for portable Haskell or Haskell like language

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Thu May 2 05:58:41 CEST 2013

On 05/01/2013 12:21 AM, Gabor Greif wrote:
> Am 27. April 2013 um 07:21 schrieb Christopher Howard
> <christopher.howard at frigidcode.com>:
>

> I can feel your pain... Here is a blog post I have written some time ago
> http://heisenbug.blogspot.de/2011/09/ghc-704-on-centos.html
> about how to bridge the gap. This was actually a RHEL5 system,
> but did not want to admit it :-)
>
> My writeup may be useful to you.
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Gabor

For posterity's sake: I actually got this figured out already. First, I
downloaded the binary version of GHC 6.8.3 and installed it without
issues. Then I used it to build the sources of GHC 6.10.4 and install
them. Then I used 6.10.4 to build and install 6.12.3. Then 7.0.4, then
7.2.2, then 7.4.2, and finally 7.6.3.

Had no problems doing it that way, except for the optimization flags
issue in the 7.* series which I mentioned in my other thread. That was
easily fixed by setting the build.mk to the "quick" build profile.

--
frigidcode.com