[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: module-management-0.9.3 - clean import lists, split and merge modules

David Fox dsf at seereason.com
Fri Jun 28 01:58:17 CEST 2013

I am pleased to announce the first release of module-management, a
package for cleaning import lists, and splitting and merging modules.
You can see a description at the top of the documentation for
Language.Haskell.Modules (once it appears) here:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/module-management

It is worth noting that the split and merge operations cause global
changes to the module tree, all the modules that import the split or
merged modules get their import lists adjusted.  For this reason,
before these operations can run the caller needs to specify the
"moduVerse", the set of modules to scan for import changes.

A number of bugs in GHC's -ddump-minimal-imports feature cropped up
while I was writing this, and when the fixes for these issues make it
into the compiler things will work a bit more smoothly, particularly
if you are using NoImplicitPrelude or type families.

There are workarounds for 7963 and 7969.  Not surprisingly, template
haskell can cause problems, but frequently it does not.  CPP
directives do not work.  I hope you find this useful - all feedback is
welcome!

-david