[Haskell-cafe] homotopy type theory for amateurs

Ben midfield at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 22:03:34 CEST 2013

hello cafe --

by now i'm sure you have heard that the homotopy type theory folks have just written up a free introductory book on their project.

http://homotopytypetheory.org/2013/06/20/the-hott-book/

gabriel gonzalez and i are starting up a small reading group for the book.  the level of study will be "amateur", though i have high hopes for rigor and thoroughness.  personally, i know hardly any type theory or logic, and the last time i thought about homotopy theory in any seriousness was years ago.  thankfully the book looks very accessible.  being time-constrained we were going to do it mostly over email, maybe starting a google group or other mailing list, but we might meet as well, say once a month in san francisco (where we both are.)

if you're interested in joining us, send me an email (midfield at gmail) and i'll try to keep you informed of any developments.

best, ben