[Haskell-cafe] Roman Numeral Problem

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Mon Jun 24 08:43:18 CEST 2013

Hi. I am working on some practice programming problems, and one is the
Roman numeral problem: write a program that converts Roman numerals into
their (arabic) numeral equivalent. I imagine I could hack something
together, but I was trying to think about the problem a bit more deeply.
I don't know much about parsing, but I was wondering if this problem
matched up with some kind of parsing or grammar or other generic
approach to thinking about the problem. (I once read something about
Context Free Grammars, which was rather interesting.) I can do more of
my own research if I can get some initial guidance.

--
frigidcode.com