[Haskell-cafe] Help me understand general recursion from cata- and anamorphism

Takayuki Muranushi muranushi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 11:06:39 CEST 2013

Dear all,

https://github.com/nushio3/practice/blob/master/recursion-schemes/FibTest.hs

After learning fix-point operators, I found an answer by myself.

```

fibBase :: (Integer -> Integer) -> Integer -> Integer
fibBase fib n
  | n <= 1    = 1
  | otherwise = fib (n-1) + fib (n-2)

fibWithFix :: Integer -> Integer
fibWithFix = fix fibBase
```

I can say `fibBase` is free of recursion, despite the facts that apparently
it uses a name `fib` on RHS which it binds on the LHS, and that the entire
structure seems very similar to the recursive version of `fib` .