[Haskell-cafe] Best practices for Arrows?

Ross Paterson R.Paterson at city.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 23:24:23 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 07:05:09PM +0100, Tom Ellis wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 03:36:15PM +0200, Ertugrul Söylemez wrote:
> > If the interface is not under your control, make yourself comfortable
> > with the complete arrow syntax, most notably how it handles operators,
> > combinators and the `(| banana bracket notation |)`.  This is very
> > valuable information.
>
> Interesting.  I hadn't noticed the `(| banana bracket notation |)` on the
> GHC Arrows page[1] before, but just saw it when I went back to check.

The banana brackets can be handy when you have operations on your arrow
type beyond the ones in Arrow and ArrowLoop.  But beware that the types of
the operations you can use with it will be changing in the next release
of GHC.  The change is the first one described on

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ArrowNotation