[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: haskell-names-0.1

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:44:12 CEST 2013

Roman: Awesome!  I'm really glad that this is ready for use!

Andrew: I have a tool that's a step towards doing this.  Instead of using
haskell suite, it uses ghci via hint to query module exports, and then uses
TH to reify them.  This has the benefit of supporting everything that GHC
supports, whereas there are currently some cases that haskell-src-exts
can't parse.  There's also the issue of supporting declarations generated
by template haskell.

Here's an example of diffing some of its output:

https://github.com/mgsloan/api-compat/blob/master/examples/template-haskell.api.diff

The main reason I haven't released the tool is that I was intending to do
structural diffs / handle renaming, so it's somewhat unfinished.  However I
believe it's reasonably usable: instead, the output is just structured in a
way that's reasonably amenable to diffing.

-Michael