[Haskell-cafe] voting sytem DSL

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:40:51 CEST 2013

In the package Workflow there is a DSL for workflow patterns that include
a very broad notion of voting using monoids.  The other workflow
combinators resemble a lot the async package, but applied to workflows.
Maybe you can draw something from that to construct higuer level votation
DSL.

The reason to use the workflow monad is because during a votation process
there may be machine  failures. Decisions with various votation steps can
stay running for months, so it is necessary to save and recover the state
of the computation.

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Workflow/0.8.
0.5/doc/html/Control-Workflow-Patterns.HTML

2013/6/5 AlanKim Zimmerman <alan.zimm at gmail.com>

> Have you looked at http://frictionfreedemocracy.org/
>
> They are using https://github.com/agocorona/Workflow amongst other things
> to define election work flows.
>
> Alan
> On Jun 5, 2013 11:25 PM, "Corentin Dupont" <corentin.dupont at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi haskellers!
>> I am trying to make a DSL able to describe a voting system. That DSL
>> should be able to describe many different voting procedures:
>> unanimity or majority, open or secret ballot, one or two turns... It
>> should also work for referendums (yes/no question) or elections (electing
>> one or several people)...
>> Are you aware of any such DSL? In Haskell I haven't see it, maybe in
>> another language?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Corentin

Alberto.