[Haskell-cafe] Array, Vector, Bytestring

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 22:34:10 CEST 2013

I really don't understand this concern.

These libraries are tuned for wildly different workloads and use cases, so
these sorts of micro benchmarks are an Apples to Frogs comparisons.
(even aside from the fact that you'll get very different perf if you used
-fllvm and set things up so the array indexing and associated loop code get
inlined and fused together!)

what is the actual concern? Strawman micro benchmarks that don't even
compare the respective libraries for their intended use cases seeems....
weird.