[Haskell-cafe] Array, Vector, Bytestring

Clark Gaebel cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 4 04:45:22 CEST 2013

How is this a problem?

If you're representing text, use 'text'.
If you're representing a string of bytes, use 'bytestring'.
If you want an "array" of values, think c++ and use 'vector'.
If you want to mutate arrays, first, make sure you do. You probably don't.
If you're sure, use MVector.

Don't use String, except to interface with legacy code. You probably want
'text'.
Don't use Array. Anything it can be used for, can be done with 'vector'.

  - Clark

This covers all the use-cases that I can think of.