[Haskell-cafe] Dual-licensing the package on Hackage

David Sorokin david.sorokin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 09:56:47 CEST 2013

Hi, Cafe!

Probably, it was asked before but I could not find an answer with help of Google.

I have a library which is hosted on Hackage. The library is licensed under BSD3. It is a very specialized library for a small target group. Now I'm going to relicense it and release a new version already under the dual-license: GPLv3 and commercial. In most cases GPL will be sufficient as this is not a library in common sense.

Can I specify the GPL license in the .cabal file, or should I write OtherLicense?

I'm going to add the information about dual-licensing in the description section of the .cabal file, though.

Thanks,
David