[Haskell-cafe] using network+conduit+tls for a client application?

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Mon Jul 29 11:49:55 CEST 2013

On 07/29/2013 09:08 AM, Petr Pudlák wrote:
> Dear Haskellers,
>
> I wanted to write a small TLS application (connecting to IMAP over
> TLS) and it seemed natural to use conduit for that. I found the
> network-conduit-tls package, but then I realized it's meant only for
> server applications. Is there something similar for client applications?

Hi Petr,

There's 2 packages that provide easy client TLS side API.
I don't think it would be difficult to provide a conduit wrapper for both:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-simple-tls
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/connection

connection is a bit more low level for easily integration into something
higher level.

--
Vincent