[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Non-recursive let

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Jul 23 22:51:47 CEST 2013

quoth David Thomas <davidleothomas at gmail.com>,

> It strikes me as unlikely static analysis would be confused by shadowing.

Not to mention that the example only created two expressions of type IO Fd?
(I.e., no file descriptors were opened, let alone leaked.)

But in any case, I would have guessed that the idea here is that much more
than a few examples and counter-examples will be needed to validate something
like `shadowing is bad.'  If the assertion isn't too simplistic, the examples
sure will be.

	Donn