[Haskell-cafe] Generating Haskell Code out of Haskell AST (GHC API)

John Blackbox blackbox.dev.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 11:19:10 CEST 2013

I accidentally didn't send that email to haskell-cafe, so I'm pasting it
here also:

Alan - I do NOT want to generate Haskell code. I want only to generate AST
and compile it.
The question about generating the code was only to have a "debugging tool"
- to see if the generated AST is good - I wanted to generate the Haskell
code only to check if its correct, but normally I would not do it, because
it makes no sense to generate AST -> code -> AST (by GHC) again etc :)
Additional - I want to connect to GHC's type-checking also and translate
the errors to be appropriate to my language syntax - so maybe the pure GHC
API is the best way to go?