[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Aivika v0.6, Aivika Experiment v0.3, Aivika Experiment Chart v0.3

David Sorokin david.sorokin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:54:19 CEST 2013

Hi!

I’m glad to announce new versions of the Aivika [1] simulation library
and its additional packages Aivika Experiment [2] and Aivika Experiment
Chart [3]. The library is divided to decrease the dependency on GTK,
although all three were tested on Linux, Windows and OS X.

They allow developing the wide range of simulation models (SD, DES, AM),
simulating them and saving the results in form of charts, tables and so
on, automating many routine procedures. The architecture is quite flexible.

This is a result of my 4-years work since 2009. I finally find the
library a quite mature. Among many languages I tried, Haskell was the
most suitable. Many simulation concepts can be naturally expressed in
terms of Haskell. Many technical details are hidden either under the
façade of monads, or similar structures.

So, the ordinary differential equations can be elegantly defined using
the recursive do-notation. But the discontinuous processes are well
expressed using the continuations, if more precisely, three
continuations in one computation.

I prepared a 55-page PDF document An Introduction to Aivika Simulation
Library [4]. For demonstration, it contains some charts prepared with
help of Aivika Experiment Chart. There are the deviation charts and
histograms.

Thanks,
David

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/aivika