[Haskell-cafe] Do combinatorial algorithms have a matroid strucutre XOR non-matroid structure?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 15 03:23:57 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 03:39:02PM -0700, KC wrote:
> I ask this on this mailing list because there are quite a few
> mathematically oriented people here.

If you accept the Law of Excluded Middle, everything either has a
matroid structure, or not.  On the other hand, if you do not accept
it, then there may be some combinatorial algorithms which have neither
(because we have not found a matroid structure, or proved one does not
exist).  Either way, I do not understand the point of your question.

-Brent