[Haskell-cafe] Correct way to "catch all exceptions"

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 10:39:08 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

We do this as well. In addition to AsyncException, we ignore
BlockedIndefinitelyOnSTM, BlockedIndefinitelyOnMVar and Deadlock. I'm
not sure you can ignore Timeout, since the type is not exported from
System.Timeout. I'm not sure how to classify these, though. They are
in some sense non-recoverable: restarting whatever the thread was
doing is not the right thing to do.

Erik