[Haskell-cafe] Spam on list??

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 17:30:45 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Vlatko Basic <vlatko.basic at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Anybody else getting this spam emails from JP at eukor.com every time a
> message is sent to Cafe?

Yes, and I'm hoping a list admin steps in soon.

The irony is, it's their *anti*spam filter. They decided to use one of
those obnoxious whitelisting systems that requires all senders to register
with it before it will pass on their mail... but didn't exclude mailing
lists from this. Mailing lists, of course, can't authenticate, so they're
sending all these image-heavy "please whitelist yourself" messages in
Korean to the list submission address *and* not seeing any actual list
traffic.

This is one of the reasons I sometimes wish that use of an active spam
whitelist like this were grounds for disabling the user's email account.
They can't even tell what kind of mess they're making.