[Haskell-cafe] question about indentation conventions

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 1 07:18:39 CEST 2013

On 1/07/2013, at 1:04 PM, Richard Cobbe wrote:

> I should have been clearer in my original question: I'm curious about what
> to do when a multi-argument function application gets split across lines.
> That wiki page dicsusses how the layout rule interacts with various special
> forms (let, where, if, do, case), but it doesn't seem to address function
> applications, beyond implying that it's ok to indent the continuing lines
> of a function application.

It looked pretty explicit to me:

	The golden rule of indentation
	you will do fairly well if you just remember a single rule:
	Code which is part of some expression should be indented
	further in than the beginning of that expression (even if
	the expression is not the leftmost element of the line).

This means for example that
	f (g x
	    z)
is OK but