[Haskell-cafe] question about indentation conventions

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Jul 1 03:04:22 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 05:41:46PM -0700, Darren Grant wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> This page helped me when starting out:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Indentation
> On 2013-06-30 4:55 PM, "Richard Cobbe" <cobbe at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

<snip>

> > 1) Are there wide-spread conventions in the Haskell community for how to
> > indent an application expression that's split across multiple lines?  For
> > how to indent an expression that uses infix operators?  Or does everyone
> > pretty much do their own thing?

<snip>

Thanks for the pointer, Darren, and I did come across that page earlier.

I should have been clearer in my original question: I'm curious about what
to do when a multi-argument function application gets split across lines.
That wiki page dicsusses how the layout rule interacts with various special
forms (let, where, if, do, case), but it doesn't seem to address function
applications, beyond implying that it's ok to indent the continuing lines
of a function application.

Richard