[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] JuicyPixels 3.0
vincent.berthoux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 17:22:17 CET 2013
I'm presenting the third version of JuicyPixels. As the version number
indicate, this is a major version with backward compatibility break. The
major reason behind this breakage is the introduction of High Dynamic Range
images. High Dynamic Range images are used in photography, and in some APIs
like OpenGL and DirectX for some fancy effects.
Version 3.0 changelog :
- Simplification of the 'Pixel' typeclass, removed many unused part.
- Removal of some Storable instances for pixel types.
- Amelioration of the documentation.
- Support for High Dynamic range images.
- Support for the Radiance file format (or RGBE, file extension .pic and
- Dropped the cereal library in favor of the last version of Binary,
present in the Haskell platform. Every dependencies are now present in the
As usual, this version is available in Hackage and on GitHub :
- Hackage : http://hackage.haskell.org/package/JuicyPixels
- GitHub : https://github.com/Twinside/Juicy.Pixels
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe