[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hakyll 4
Jasper Van der Jeugt
m at jaspervdj.be
Wed Jan 16 13:26:26 CET 2013
After a few weeks of beta status , I've now released version 4.0 of
the Hakyll static site generator library. I'm really glad with this
release, as from what I've found and heard, it makes many things a lot
# Main changes
- The important `Compiler` type has been changed from `Arrow` to
`Monad`: this makes it much easier to write custom compilers, as
most Haskellers are more familiar with monads.
- The template stays superficially the same, but it has grown much
more powerful and flexible underneath.
- Early and fast access to metadata makes things such as tags and
pagination much easier.
- All items (images, css...) can now have metadata associated.
Metadata can no longer be manipulated, and this immutability should
reduce the number of encountered bugs.
- A `check` command has been added. This allows you to check that all
internal (or external) links are still alive.
# Installation, migration
In order to install Hakyll 4, grab it from Hackage:
cabal install hakyll
Here are some useful links:
- Website: <http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/>
- Tutorial index: <http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/tutorials.html>
- Migration guide:
All feedback is welcome as always.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe