[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Nomyx 0.1 beta, the game where you can change the rules

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:52:50 CET 2013

Note that cookies are not the solution here. Cookies are just as user
controlled as the url, just less visible. What you need is a session
id: a mapping from a non-consecutive, non-guessable, secret token to
the user id (which is sequential and thus guessable, and often exposed
in urls etc.). It doesn't matter if you then store it in the url or a
cookie. Cookies are just more convenient.

Erik