[Haskell-cafe] ANN: lazy-csv - the fastest and most space-efficient parser for CSV

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 12:14:50 CET 2013

On 02/25/2013 10:47 AM, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> There are lots of Haskell CSV parsers out there.  Most have poor error-reporting, and do not scale to large inputs.  I am pleased to announce an industrial-strength library that is robust, fast, space-efficient, lazy, and scales to gigantic inputs with no loss of performance.
>
>      http://code.haskell.org/lazy-csv/
>
> Downloads from Hackage:
>
>      http://hackage.haskell.org/package/lazy-csv
>
> This library has been in industrial use for several years now, but this is the first public release.  No doubt the API is not as general as it could be, but it already serves many purposes very well.  I'm happy to receive bug reports and suggestions for improvements.
>
> Regards,
>      Malcolm

Obvious question: How does this compare to cassava? Especially cassava's
Data.CSV.Incremental module? I specifically ask because you mention that
it's " It is lazier, faster, more space-efficient, and more flexible in
its treatment of errors, than any other extant Haskell CSV library on
Hackage" but there is no mention of cassava in the website.

- Ollie